The Alberta Energy Corridor (AEC) is an industry/government funded agency focused on economic development in the Athabasca, Boyle, and Wandering Rivera area. Our mandate is to diversify the regional area by attracting a myriad of businesses that increase long-term employment and community stability. We believe our value exists in our geographic location between the province’s major energy plays, location on the key transportation route between the oilsands and Edmonton’s refinery row, and the area’s affordability and accessibility.
This recently established agency is led by a board comprised of regional industry, municipal governments and members of the public who are dedicated to developing a tertiary industrial centre to support the rapidly growing industrial areas of Fort McMurray and the Alberta Industrial Heartland.
Angela Betts, Executive Director
Board of Directors
- Cal Gayowski, Chairman – Northwest Fabricators Ltd.
- David Yurdiga, Vice-Chair - Reeve, County of Athabasca
- Colin Derko, Treasurer – Grassland Trailer & Sales
- Mike Voisin, Past Chair – Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
- Michael Mallock, Athabasca Developments
- Lisa Ball, JLG Ball Enterprises Ltd.
- Sid Braaksma, Northgate Industries Ltd.
- Henry Friesen, Peper Logging Ltd.
- Don Logan, Castle Rock Metal Buildings Ltd. Associate Membership Chairman
- Ryan Park, Flying J Travel Plaza
- Charles Kazmierczak, Grassland Sub Shop & Convenience Store
- Darryl Shott, Community Member at Large
- Sharan Khurana, Community Member at Large
- Clif Lett, Arnett & Burgess Oilfield Construction Limited
- Don Radmanovich, Mayor, Village of Boyle, AEC Land Use Committee Chairman
- Gary Szmyrko, Tri-Gen Contruction Ltd / Aspen Regional Business Park, AEC Transportation Committee Chairman
- Ted von Dehn, Best Service Pros.